Hi I’m Claire.
My story is one about self-esteem, self-confidence and looking for those in all the wrong places. It’s one about knowing deep down what I truly wanted, but being too scared to walk down that road for fear of what people thought or of not being accepted. It’s one about a half-arsed attempt at healthy living, while still living life in the hard partying fast lane. It’s about looking for happiness in wasted states and other people and finally learning how wrong I was.
I’m not sure when this mission started for me. I grew up in a house where junk food wasn’t welcome and because of that I never had a desire to eat it (thank you Mum!). I was surrounded by the beautiful landscapes of New Zealand – a mountain, rivers, lakes, the ocean, surf, forests and farms – and it was something I think every child should have! I was so lucky having nature’s playground on my doorstep, I developed a respect and connection to nature that I’ve held very close to me throughout my life.
I currently live in Cairns, Australia – the gateway to The Great Barrier Reef. Both towns excel in natural beauty and have given me a love of nature. I am so grateful I have been blessed to live in such stunning beauty! My deepest passion now is about healthy living and having a connection to nature through what I eat and how I live my life. Sometimes though, I didn’t exactly live in sync with these core values.
My 20’s were tough and there were times I fell down and found it hard to get back up. I found myself in a couple of bad relationships. There was the one where I pretty much lost who I was and had my identity wrapped up in being his girlfriend. I didn’t do anything for me – it was all about him. So of course, with no self-respect I found myself being cheated on and treated badly and I let it go on for way, way too long. Then when it ended, I had to go out and find myself again.
I realised I didn’t need to be anyone else, and for the first time in my life I started to believe that I was enough. I was finally on the right path!
I became qualified as a Health Coach in 2013, and finally found my real passion in life! I can finally say that I’m walking my talk. I’m now following my true passions and I’m living an authentic and nourishing life. And I am so grateful! I know deep down in my soul that helping and guiding others on their own healing journey is my true purpose on this planet. Thank you for allowing me to share my purpose with you!
Some Quirky Stuff About Me
- I’m a Kiwi living in Australia. I live in the beautiful, tropical city of Cairns, but I’ve also lived in London, Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane. I always have a case of itchy feet in that I would like to live in many more places before I leave this world.
- I worked on a cruise ship as a photographer for a year, and that’s where I met my gorgeous husband Patrik.
- I have an amazing little boy, Jamie, who I call my miracle baby, since I was told I couldn’t have children. I also have a fur baby called Frankie, who is a Maltese Shitzu crossed with Chihuahua (I think).
- I love travelling. The world is a beautiful place and I want to see as much of it as this life will allow me too….. As St Augustine said, “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” It’s my goal to be as well read as possible!
- I’m a Thermomix Consultant – if you haven’t heard of a Thermomix, you very likely will soon. This amazing machine has changed the way I cook, and saves me time and money every day. You can read more about Thermomix here – and follow me on Facebook here.
- I believe happiness is a choice, and I’m working hard to choose it.