Winner Winner Chicken Dinner
600 grams Chicken Thighs, trimmed
50 – 100 grams Organic Dijon Mustard, To taste
75 grams Maple Syrup (pure)
1-2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 teaspoons fresh rosemary leaves
700 grams sweet potato cubed
200 grams Green beans, trimmed,
100 grams Cherry Tomatoes cut in half, To serve
1 tablespoon pure cream (or thickened cream) or milk,optional
1 tablespoon Cornflour – Gluten Free
1100 grams water
- Add Dijon Mustard, Maple Syrup, Rice Vinegar and Salt and Pepper into bowl and blend together 4 secs – Speed 5
- Put most of this aside in a bowl
- Cut Chicken Thighs into 3 even sized pieces each, and add to jug.
- Stir 15 – 20 secs on speed 2 – reverse until well coated.
- Place Chicken pieces in deep Varoma Dish.
- Without washing the jug measure 1100 water into it.
- Add cubed (approx 2cms) Sweet Potato to steaming basket and place in jug.
- Place Varoma with Chicken on top of jug and lid, and set time to 15 mins – Varoma – Speed 3.5.
- After 15 mins check chicken and turn over with tongs.
- Add beans to top Varoma tray and place on the other tray.
- Steam for another 5 mins – Varoma temp – speed 3.
- Make sure Chicken is cooked, and set Varoma with Chicken and Beans aside on top of your Thermoserver.
- Pour most of the liquid out into a jug and reserve as stock to make soup later if desired.
- Add Sweet Potato into the jug with small amount of left over liquid, and add 1 TBSP pure cream and/ or butter to taste and blend 20 seconds – speed 7 to mash.
- Put the sweet potato into the Thermoserver to keep warm.
- Without washing the bowl add reserved Dijon mixture with about 100 grams of left over stock plus 1 TBSP of cornflour.
- Blend 10 seconds on speed 6-7 until combined then cook 1 min 30 seconds – 90 degrees – speed 2.
- Add in fresh rosemary to sauce and mix 4 seconds speed 3 to combine.
- Serve Chicken on top of mashed sweet potato, pour sauce over top and serve with green beans and halved cherry tomatoes.
- ENJOY 🙂